✔ Weekday and weekend classes
✔ Flexible timing
✔ Small-size classes
✔ 1-on-1 option
WorkPlayz Montessori Playgroup Programme offers a wide range of sensory, cognitive and motor-skill experiences to young children. The program places a strong emphasis on oral language development. Through daily songs, rhymes and storytelling, children build up their vocabulary and become aware of phonetic sounds, which are important for writing and reading at the next level.
PARENT & CHILD (12M-3Y)
Our parent -child class offers an opportunity for children and their parents to learn together in a Montessori environment. Each class includes time for free exploration as well as guided group activities.
Our phonics class adopts Dr. Montessori’s original, fun and interactive phonic approach to teach children how to read and write. The results are early readers and writers who rejoice both in their achievements and in the process of acquiring them. Our phonics curriculum consists of 3 stages. Each stage takes about 6-12 months to complete.
Stage 1: Sounds and letters (3-4Y)
At this level, the child learns to:
• Recognize the key sounds (phonemes) that make up the English language
• Recognize letters of the alphabet that represent these sounds
• Combine letters to build words based on their sounds
Stage 2: Reading phonetic words (4-5Y)
At this level, the child works through four sets of materials:
• Pink series: the child learns to read three-letter words such as ‘cat’ and ‘dog’.
• Blue series: the child learns to read words that require them to blend two consonants that are next to each other, eg. ‘dress’ and ‘frog’.
• White series: the child learns to read words that contain double-letter phonograms (digraphs), such as ‘cheese’ and ‘snail’.
• Green series: the child learns that there can be several ways to spell a sound. For example, ‘boat’ and ‘shown’ have the same middle sound, but their spellings for this sound is different (‘oa’ vs ‘ow’).
Stage 3: Fluency (5-6Y)
At this level, the child puts everything that she has learnt together and practice reading different genres of text. She is now well on her way to be a fluent and independent reader.
In our math class, we make use of manipulative materials that enable the child to internalize the concepts of number, symbol, sequence, operations and the memorization of basic facts. This results in a strong foundation that is well beyond the scope of primary-school mathematics.
Through exciting and hands-on experiments, the child gets to explore a variety of subjects that cover geography, history, zoology, botany, physics and chemistry.
We engage children in a variety of activities that teach Chinese in a fun and interactive way. Our regular activities include: Songs and Rhymes, Vocabulary, Read & Write Characters, Read & Tell, Music & Dance, Arts & Crafts.
CREATIVE WRITING (5-6Y)
Through fun games and imaginative activities, children learn how to use various writing tools to express themselves. Our creative writing model IDEA is designed to scaffold children’s learning in baby steps towards acquiring the skills to put their thoughts into writing.